Thursday, January 06, 2005

Been there done that!!!!!

Well I have now been to the London boat show. All the glitz and new products, have been sucked in, evaluated and spewed out. I have my opinions on them all? I didnt see any boats that I would replace my existing one with, well not any that really stuck out as a must have, even if I could afford the six million pounds for the bigger ones, so I`ll stick with my existing one for another season.

The trip on public transport was worse than I expected and I ran into a wall of people trying to all get onto the same train at the same time, presumably, so as to be at work at the same time too. I have to say, the amount of jostling and elbowing taking place was incredible it brought memories back of my days as a prop forward in a rugby team :o))) When finally I did get into a carriage, we were all so squeezed in, I was pressed against the side window and to amuse myself I pressed my face flat against the glass window, pulling distressed faces at the people waiting on the station as the train pulled out. (One day I will grow up? never!!) but in the meantime, I enjoyed myself and made the people laugh, can`t be a bad thing to brighten up their journey can it?

My journey home was better as I changed my route and having used the DLR (docklands light railway) I used the main railway system more and it wasnt at a busy time too. The DLR is a little disconcerting as the trains dont have drivers and you can sit at the front of the train and just experience the journey. ( I was tempted to stand up and scream " My god!!! what has happened to the driver" but I decided not to, as it would not be suitable because the other passengers were of a great age and may not have seen the funny side of it, let alone participating in a few heart attacks) I guess that aircraft will eventually go the same way and not have pilots? Wierd!!!!!!!! a very strange feeling....just getting there!

Next year I will make my way by "Free running" I will have finished my diet by then and got fit????? we`ll see!!! :o))

Now that done I really must get my act togeather and finish the kitchen tiling :o)) and get the boat ready for another exciting season of journeys to "far away places"

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hello!! the part of your post about the trip on public transport is great it makes me laugh all the time :)
Hmm having anold boat has also some advantages. I can't think of any now but I bet it has.
Esch...poor me..it's 10 o'clock and I've got to go to school.Today I have chemistry test.OMG I hope I won't fail it...
HAve a nice day, Rob!

rob said...

Hi Yvonne Thanks for your kind wishes, having an old boat does have its advantages not the least being less depreciation. Buy a new one and the value starts to go down dramatically from the moment you take delivery, what with tax etc so another year for me (I guess that a reprieve was what I wanted all the time).

Its probably a bit late to wish you well for your Chemistry exam but I do anyway. take care, will speak with you soon