Sunday, May 13, 2007

Descisions descisions

I really want this boat! Or do I? it has a lot to finish on her( 50% interior and 30% other about 75% complete in all) ) but it is the right price and only in the US! on the east coast ( cut the warps and away ) with a few additions, Like Life raft tanks and a couple of GPS and I could sail her back to the UK! but then do I want to? wouldn`t it be better to sail her to Venezuela and finish the fit out there? Funny how we strive to bring such projects to our home land even if its three times as expensive! For me to moor this on the south coast of the UK it would cost me, this year £6,500. not a great deal ( do I hear) considering the space and comfort that she would eventually give but enough to cause me to think that I should first sell my current boat and by that time she will be "gone" :o(( what to do? I also have to consider that I am 63 y,o, and not exactly in my prime but capable none the less. Do I need a year out to finish this project? too bloody right I do! can I afford the time ? I like to think so! will I then do it? ??????????????? If only I had sold my boat already! but that doesn`t happen unless you put it on the market! I felt like this the last time this happened but still didn`t do anything :o(( (sill B*astard I should learn something from it this time) I really do want it even with only one suit of sails and no bow thruster, no tanks and the internal fit out incomplete !!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwwww what to do? :o(( Oh well! back to the workshop and continue to ready my project for the electronics attachment sometime next week, or the next or the next! :o)) I really do want this boat!!!! I really dooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I sound like a spoilt kid! But I relly do want it!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Fuff said...

She looks tough. She aluminium? Do it Orb!!!!

rob said...

Steel but home built by a professional over a period from 1998 ish! still a lot to do! I want to do it I really do ! I really need a ketch! There I go already I`m making excuses
:o(( think of the weight of that mainsail, single handed! :o((

Fuff said...

She's a lovely boat. You could always do all the single handed mods.... :)

rob said...

Thats for sure! I wish my wife enjoyed boats :o(( if she did, I wouldn`t hesitate in visiting and buying it! at the moment!!!! I`mmmmm still very keen but probably heading for divorce :o))???

Fuff said...

LOL