Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well Last Monday!

I dived over the side and scrubbed my bottom! its been a while since I have grasped the spatula and given my hull a damn good clean. There was so much weed on her that it took a while to clear it. I then fired up the engines and took off for the river (chanel) for a blast I opened her up to about two K and we went to 12 knots and gradually she climbed up to fifteen and with the tachos finally showing 2300 rpm we peaked at 16 and a half knots just a little over the point at which she planed. She usually goes to 2600 rpm and 20 kts but with some weed still on and around the "P" brackets, shafts and the rudders. I felt that she was doing OK considering. took her down to worthing beach and back just for the hell of it. I stopped on the way for another swim and generally had a good time. After I had her snugged up in her berth I noticed that I still had the bathing platform ladder down and so this would have caused the equivalent of a skiier being dragged behind so I was even more pleased with how she had done.

The weather has been hot and stayed that way until wednesday when it became stormy and overcast but humid. Its now moving back to nice weather and the Barometer is rising steadily so were in for some better weather for the weekend so Yahoo! its back out for more racing around and swimming.

Seriously though! I really have to get back to sailing before much longer and I just have to do some more long passages, I am getting old and missing out, putting myself into a position where I will be looking back and saying what I should have done " Twenty years from now, you will be more dissapointed by the things you didnt do, than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe haven, catch the trade winds in your sails, Explore, Dream, Discover," MARK TWAIN Yea right! I can, I must ,
I just have too, I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: