Friday, April 08, 2005

Todays a day for "Drivel"

Well here in Mud Island, the sun has stopped shining! the rain is now present and April showers are here for a while. Today I got an early start and, not being able to think of what I would like to post about, the title was born. I have done absolutely nothing for about three days except visit the Cafe, fit a new back door lock, oh! and rip out the old oven on the boat and install a new microwave with oven and grill, Oh yes wire in and test the earth lead to the forward skin fittings and install and test the heating programmer, and read cruisers logs on the net. I guess that I have done more than I first remembered? (thats the problem with getting old you just don`t remember, te he!).

Today the Pope is interred and a sad/maybe happy day for all Catholics I guess! I am a non believer so I don`t really relate to "Mourning"!I do however feel the sadness of others and miss those who have so called "gone before", am I selfish? maybe I must have some sort of "belief" I suppose as it appears that I have an ever present feeling that they have "gone before" as oposed to disintegration having started, whatever!. I read an article the other day referring to Einsteins parallel Worlds theory it appears that the Mathmaticians have now proved (to themselves ?) that it is possible and indeed exists? I guess that they could prove that I am about to eat breakfast too if they tried, perhaps I shouldn`t be so flippant.

When I decided to post today I unthinkingly (there is such a word?) filled in what, I thought was the the name of the post and chose the template an "WWHHAAMMOO!!!!!" I now have a new Blogsite called "Todays a day for Drivel" That woke me up!! how on earth can a silly old fool do that? well I did !!!! I guess it really is a day for Drivel

2 comments:

rob said...

Hi Framncesco! Thanks for the info the boat looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Very, Very Ugly, and never to be finished?? I guess it will end up being advertised somewhere for an overpriced amount or lived in, in a Marina by Winfrid. Tragic.

rob said...

The world is full of starters, who talk a good game but never ever finish. They read everything they can on a subject and embarque on the journey. They can never accept comment or adjust to critism and believe that they are always right. If Winfrid had been a different person you may have been there still and about to embarque with him! but what of Maria? I know where I would prefer to be in your case. Fate works in wondrous ways! By the way his steering quadrant looks like something out of a Mine and I believe it will seize up and corrode solid in a very short time, its easy for me to criticise but I dont think that I would want to take it to sea for a very long, even given that I have delivered some "wrecks" in my time.