Friday, December 21, 2007

Who said that?

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country... Corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-









- Abraham Lincoln - Nov 21, 1864

8 comments:

Pat said...

Amen that!
Too bad we humans can't learn our lessons from history - and are doomed to repeat all the mistakes of our collective past!

All my best to you and yours in 2008, Rob!

rob said...

An to you and yours Pat Have a really good year! Im just off to my daughters wedding now, age 36
:o(( I will be really old when she has grand kids, I won`t be able to play football with them! I guess I should use a football anyway :o)) take care thanks for visiting!

cyberangel said...

Hi Rob, thanks for all your wonderful comments, Ive been lazy about getting online ( and everything else this last week) but wanted to stop by, say hi and wish you all the best in the New Year. Now that living conditions are improving down here, Im hoping to have more time to sit down and read your blog and all the others that Ive met through this experience. Thanks for all the helpful tips, I need to know about everything, this is all new to me, you been very helpful, cheers, Rhianna

Fuff said...

Hope you and yours have a lovely New Year orb. Can't wait to hear about your speech and congrats for your little girl xxx

rob said...

Thanks for that! Fuffy and a special new year!

rob said...

Hi Rhianna! have a very happy and fruitfull new year! great to know that you read my blog.

bowiechick said...

Happy New Year Rob. Whew...I made it. ..just.

rob said...

Tee Hee Tana Great to hear from you have a good one yourselves take care! Mmwmwwaaahhhh XXX