Wednesday, December 12, 2007

feel like a real sh1t today

its frosty here this morning and I have been on the hunt for " game" and this morning the poor little field mouse was caught, where he had been raiding my food cupboard, in my live trap.

After several nights of patient stalking! I set the trap each night and after 3 nights, wammo!! I caught the little chap! so its off to the bottom of the garden by the warm compost heap and the shed to release him and off he goes straight under the shed. Boy do I feel like an a`hole kicking hi/her out in the cold. I take nothing into account of the hundreds of white mice, bread for food that I "humanely" killed to feed to various animals, along with rabbits etc. or the animals that I had put to death for various other reasons, illness, culling etc :o(( boy have I been mean in my life? unless you are the hungry animal recipient, Big cats, small cats, snake etc. I really feel bad about todays eviction, strange isn`t it? I hope it survives. But doesn`t come back of course! :o)) they do make a mess in their search for survival. Perhaps I`ll take some food down for it when its settled in! :o)) I hope the foxes dont get it, perhaps I should trap it again and look after it in the garage, no that would be cruel, keeping a wild animal in captivity when there is an alternative, Unlike captive bred Zoo animals! Oh what to do? :o((

4 comments:

bowiechick said...

OH don't feel so bad Rob. It is a mouse and hardly an endangered species. You are hardly as bloodthirsty as the likes of I, who would just as soon and have been known to just kill the damn things with a broom handle. My other name around here is Rat Slayer btw...

bowiechick said...

and you could set this up for your mousie pets too.

http://www.maniacworld.com/squirrel-obstacle-course.html

rob said...

Thanks for that Tana I feel better allready! :o))

Jamie said...

Yeah, I'm with T ~ your gentleness exceeds all necessity here! Laughing aloud at the contrast between your vermin-reducing style and Tana's. Maybe women are more bloodthirsty? All I know is that I'd smack a rat on my boat too! But cheers to you, kind and humane friend!