Friday, September 21, 2007

Bilge inspection!

this week I have been on the boat for a so called training period with a "friend" mid week I got an engineer friend of mine to climb into the bilge and change some anodes (as Im too fat to do it) and fill the engines up with anti freeze ready for the winter! (as you do) I was filling up a water bottle with distilled water ( from on the deck) and carrying it to the engineer so he could top up the batteries "as he was down there" :o)) and I slipped on a small water covered ledge that I was using as a foothold and very suddenly and forcefully ended up in the bilge, in pain, commenting that "Im all right " " didnt hurt" to find that my friend and the engineer were very concerned that I may have damaged myself!

Well! I took the full force of my not too insignificant weight as I hit, the wheelhouse deck supporting beam, with my port kidney and floating rib! I couldnt breeth and was really quite pithed off! I managed to stant and found that my watch was busted and in the bilge on the diametrically opposite side of "the engine room" (well compartment) and my wallet and its contents had been thrown around the inner hull surface in the bilge water and grease!. Yes it hurt but being a big brave soilder! I didnt make a fuss and we carried on! I found out later that I was bleeding internally and did so for about 9 hours which I guessed was as a result of shifting one of 6 kidney stones that I have and must do something about soon :o)) I also couldnt breeth deeply and had extremely sharp paines whn I did! my floating rib had moved further in than on the otherside and clicked when I wiggled it prior to passing out (not really but the first time I tried to reposition it I thought I had been stabbed by a sword! Sooo I am nearly healed now but somewhat shaken as a result of not having anyone to cuddle me, as mummys little soilder was really quite frightened in spite of it all and I am certain that I had cracked a rib which has now stopped clicking and the floating rib seems to be back in position. Boy am I going to be a funny colour for a while!

On the last day (thursday) I had a phone call from my son to tell me "not to worry" but mum has had an accident and looks like she has gone five rounds with frank bruno! Apparently the puppy caught sight of a squirrel in the garden and ran at full tilt through the gap in the patio doors as she was letting her out, but before she could open them properly! Of course she had the lead securely wrapped around her hand "to keep the pup under controll" of course she fell onto one knee, of course her hands were elswhere and yes of course she headbutted the patio with her face!

My what a transformation (from a beautiful mature lady to a beaten up one ! I know what you are thinking!!!!! but I have a "pink chit" to say that I was on the boat at the time !! really I do! Oh yes I do! The blo*dy kids didn`t tell me until two days after it happened as they didn`t want to worry me (and at their mothers insistence too) but if they had? I would have gone home immediately ( if only for a few hours) :o)) and maybe not have not fallen into the bilge? (Don`t you think of anyone else than yourself :o)))? of course I do and I am at home now and looking after her! She knows nothing about my acrobatic exercise and I don`t intend to tell her for a while, at least not until she is OK and then we can both laugh about it! Christ I just sneezed then and boy was it painful! tee ouch! stu*id *od!

10 comments:

Fuff said...

Poor girl, I hope she's alright Orb and you too :(
You are a silly sausage tho :)

rob said...

:o(( thats for sure :o)) cough!!! ouch ! OOO Ah! :o))

Pat said...

Oh gosh - both of you at once! I'm so sorry Rob! Please do take care. And for pity's sake stop coughing, sneezing and laughing!!! (O.O)

rob said...

I`ll have to stop stepping back to admire my work! tee heee! ouch, cough!!!! splutter Ohoooo! Thanks for your good wishes Pat I haven`t told her about my fall yet as it seem trivial now, what with her multi coloured face etc, Tee hee! oahhhh Ouch! gosh don`t I make a fuss! Tee hee OOOOOOH!!!!! gosh isnt a joy to get old and silly? silly yes, old Not, sure aint for the faint hearted. :o)) laughs silently whilst holding rib in place :o))

Pat said...

Hey Rob - you've been tagged! [Pat deftly dodges the rotten tomato Rob throws her way!]

rob said...

"Wassat mean" Pat? before I throw the Tomatoes :o))!

Jamie said...

Oh, ouch! That's two friends I have with cracked ribs right now - wonder who the unlucky third will be?? Banish the thought! Hope you heal well and quickly, Rob!

rob said...

Thanks for the visit Jamie and your kind wishes! I visited the quack this morning and the rib is healing but also the cartilage has been pulled away and that will take longer to heal :o(( serves me right I was wearing my reading glasses when I stepped down into the wheelhouse (without a floor and only the support beams) and I misjudged my footing! For years now I have been procrastinating about having my eyes lasered and now I am certain that I will have it done this year, ish, maybe :o))
Take care!

Pat said...

Rob: visit my blog, and view the post "I've been tagged". Easiest way to do it, I think, is to simply copy my post, past it into a post of your own here on your blog, and replace all the stuff that pertains to me with stuff that pertains to you. Do the same with the people you tag, and make their names live links. If you don't know how to do that in your post, let me know, here's my email if you prefer contacting me that way: pjsgifts@msn.com

rob said...

Errrrrrr Now you have lost me! thanks for the mail address i`ll send you mine should you ever need it
Take care!