Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weathers not very nice!

As you know the weather has been pretty bad in this part of the globe but we still went down to B`ton on Friday, as I had agreed to be involved in a business launch of a couple of new friends there and it took place outside in the rain and howling wind. They are a great young couple and I really wish them well, both in their life togeather as well as their business venture. Their boat, which they live on, is in the inner part of the marina and so they had access to a small pergola where the food and drink was laid out (very professionally I must say!) and a green plastic sheet was used to part clad the pergola and afford some shelter to the food etc. 20 plus invitees didn`t show and it must have been a little dissapointing to present to, mainly friends and aquaintainces and virtually no future customers. We stayed for the prsentation and when things got down to the drinking and eating we crept off back to our boat after complimenting and thanking them both on all their efforts. the wind blowed and the rain "stormed" and the marina was generally noisy with the waves coming completely over "the wall"

on Saturday the weather didn`t get much better and we took a (small) train ride into B`ton passed the erected tent that will eventually house the sand carving exhibition. Last year there was no tent and so the weather played havoc with them, so this year a tent and increased entrance fee I gues!

In the Marina drive there was a large collection (the biggest meet ever) of Lamborghinni`s from Muira`s, Espada`s, and Countach`s about a 100 plus with outdoor events people and a band etc with the owner/drivers staying in the Grand hotel on Saturday night. How do I know all this well you guessed it I klnow a couple of the owners on of a Countach and one a Muira. I mooched around a bit having a look but something was lost with so many of the same vehicles to look at. I had work to do on the boat but bad weather is never conducive to be to do it although it is probably the best time , so I went to the internet cafe and commented on a few blogs and I guess spoiled their days. I had a cofee in Marks and went back to the boat.

Today I decided that I was going back to Surrey and my "foxes" on the way home about 250 minis passed us on their way to the Madera drive to their annual London to Brighton run, I felt for them as the rain was still falling heavily and the wind blowing at gale force. and as is the way quite a few minis were stopped by the side of the road with Ignition problem from water ingress into and onto the distributor and coil assemblies. I have no doubt that they will all eventually make it (Team spirit prevailing)

Well the Foxes have been fed, my granchildren have been played with, their gorgeous both of them, (He`s still biting and she is still smiling and now standing on her own) and I am now settling into the combox seat to pester a few other unsuspecting souls out there.

No comments: